Simpplr is today’s modern employee intranet. Our software helps companies connect their workforce by streamlining strategic communications and forging employee connections.
The Head of Product Management will work in partnership with the CEO to help define the product vision, roadmap, and bring the best ideas to reality. You will be chartered with managing the product management function and will implement processes to successfully deliver new products to market. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing and building a world-class product management team and fostering a culture of innovation, grounded in best practices, research, and iteration with a deep respect for effective user experience design.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Own the product backlogs and maintain processes for prioritizing features, building out product specs, and scoping/estimating development effort
- Be the customer advocate within the Simpplr team; understand how customers get value from their products and work closely with customers to prioritize new product development and resolve issues
- Research competing products and trends within the industry and identify opportunities for new product innovations and extended feature-sets to drive the company strategy
- Participate in a cross-functional agile team responsible for writing the functional requirements, working with the development, documentation, and software quality assurance teams
- Manage Alpha and Beta deployments and work closely with customers to get early feedback and input
- Develop, measure, and communicate key performance indicators for product development and product adoption
- Work with industry analysts and product reviewers to articulate the value proposition and differentiators in the offering
- Participate in customer-facing events and user conferences as a product expert and customer advocate
Your Skill Set
What you did in the past that makes you a great fit for our team:
- You are a product leader and technologist with a history of defining and launching excellent SaaS/Cloud products with a deep appreciation for user experience
- Experience with scaling, developing, and managing a diverse product team within a rapidly growing/changing environment
- Ability to balance long-term roadmap vision with the inevitable shifting short-term priorities of an agile, startup environment
- Expertise in early-stage customer discovery / lean startup processes, as well as later stage product planning, product marketing, and product development
- While this is an executive role, the ability and willingness to be hands-on and agile are important – not only defining and driving the product vision, but also working directly with all teams across the organization to ensure successful product execution
- Ability to travel to visit users, customers, partners, and our offshore development teams is absolutely critical to the success of this role
The Simpplr Story
In 2014, HR technology leader Workday realized there wasn’t an intranet technology that aligned with its mission—”to put people at the center of enterprise software.” Rather than settle, Workday turned to the founders of Simpplr to develop a modern intranet. And our company was born.
Today, Simpplr partners with leading brands, including AAA, DocuSign, Eurostar, and Columbia University, our customers are achieving measurable productivity gains, increased employee engagement, and retention, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and Gurgaon, India, and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures.