Simpplr is today’s modern employee intranet. Our software helps companies connect their workforce by streamlining strategic communications and forging employee connections.
This is a hands-on leadership role in which you’ll be responsible for product delivery, architecture & design, code reviews, hands-on coding & leading a technical team. You’ll provide line management for all direct reports, complete annual reviews, and conduct performance management for the engineering team.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Have complete technical ownership of the product
- Deliver highly operable and maintainable software products on time
- Lead a talented team of engineers to create innovative ways of Product Development.
- Write/Review code every day in addition to pairing with team members on functional and non-functional requirements
- Recruit, hire scale and act as a leader for a growing team of engineers.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Do performance reviews and staff development
- Collaborate closely with internal teams and external partners to drive product delivery.
Your Skill Set
- Overall 11+yrs of experience working in the Information Technology domain with 8+ years of hands-on development experience, of which at least 3 yrs experience in NodeJS/ReactJS (you should still be hands-on!)
- 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams with people management responsibilities
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Experience leading a team of 10+ members with line management responsibility, performance reviews & appraisals
- Experience and knowledge of open source tools & frameworks, broader cutting edge technologies around server-side development.
- Good understanding of Architecture & Design for building scalable & high availability applications
Hands-on experience in:
- Databases (RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Any cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Building microservices-based architectures
- Troubleshooting issues & diagnosing performance bottlenecks
- Institutionalizing best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, test-driven development
- Software development using Agile-Scrum
- Mentoring technical leads & senior engineers & code reviews
Good to have:
- Experience with Salesforce, Python, Go
- Experience working with product-based organizations
- Experience working in a Startup environment
- Certification in Scrum/AWS/GCP/Azure/Prince/PMP
The Simpplr Story
In 2014, HR technology leader Workday realized there wasn’t an intranet technology that aligned with its mission—”to put people at the center of enterprise software.” Rather than settle, Workday turned to the founders of Simpplr to develop a modern intranet. And our company was born.
Today, Simpplr partners with leading brands, including AAA, DocuSign, Eurostar, and Columbia University, our customers are achieving measurable productivity gains, increased employee engagement, and retention, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and Gurgaon, India, and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures.