Simpplr is today’s modern employee intranet. Our software helps companies connect their workforce by streamlining strategic communications and forging employee connections.
Our customers are organizations that care deeply about their employees and company culture, we’re proud to work with the likes of Workday, Fox, DocuSign, Eurostar, AAA, Splunk, AppDynamics and Columbia University.
Simpplr is looking for a senior UX/UI designer who excels at user-centric product development to help design the future of work. This is a great opportunity to join a team responsible for a product that is defining the way companies engage and connect with their employees.
You’ll be working in Redwood Shores alongside talented and passionate product managers, UX/UI designers, researchers and remotely with members of our engineering team in India – all focused on collectively building a world class application. We bring our A-game every day, and have fun doing it. We are looking for truly awesome, unbelievably talented creators to join us.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Partner with product, engineering, user research, and other teams across locations to define business and customer problems, and rapidly generate solutions with the team.
- Produce deliverables at every stage of the design process, such as wireframes and prototypes through to style guides and finalized designs.
- Champion the user’s experience, advocating for user-centered product roadmaps, being proactive about investing in last-mile refinement and polish
- Deliver compelling, approachable, and intuitive cross-platform user experiences as we build our industry-leading product. This experience will have desktop, mobile & tablet variants- you will help us deliver the best possible user experience for each use case.
- Apply fundamental user experience, design, and research principles to deliver intuitive user journeys and help keep the product both look and feel simple and intuitive
- Transform ideas into creative, simple, and responsive designs under technology and time constraints, working closely with peers in Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success.
- Spend time in the field getting to know & understand how users interact with our app and the challenges they face. Leverage user research, analytics, and testing feedback to inform and validate design decisions.
- Integrate user feedback often, while also considering business requirements
- Help mentor junior members of the product team
Your Skill Set
What makes you a great fit for our team:
- Have a passion for creating visual languages that communicate the essence of the brand across a product ecosystem and hands-on experience executing visual design across complex web and mobile interfaces.
- Enjoy being hands-on with design strategy, visual interface design, illustration, typography, iconography, color theory, and design systems – taking problems from concept to implementation quickly and iteratively.
- Appreciate critical feedback – you will give it, receive it and seek it out.
- Be motivated by data – whether it’s analyzing qualitative data to find a spark of insight or creating variations of a design for an A/B test – you balance your instincts with data outcomes
- Be an accountable, self-starter with good time-management and a bias for action – work through ambiguity, deadline pressures, and manage multiple projects at once.
- Be a source of inspiration and guidance for the entire Product Design team on the evolution of visual trends, tools, and emerging technologies.
- 5+ years of experience on a design team working on visual interface design and design systems with a track record of successfully shipping products.
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision, and Creative suite (HTML, CSS, and JS knowledge would be advantageous but not essential)
- Portfolio showcasing examples of visual design work.
- Bachelors degree
What it is like to work at Simpplr?
We’re a very people focused startup and we strive for an open and transparent culture. We value those able to push themselves and empower their fellow teammates, whilst keeping a relaxed working environment. Simpplr provides a competitive compensation package along with medical and accidental insurance. We believe in work-life integration and offer a flexible work environment. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration, and teamwork, make Simpplr an incredible place to work.
It’s really important to us to celebrate our successes, so we have lots of team meals and outings too. In short, we’ll make sure you love working at Simpplr.
See what people think about us: https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Reviews/Simpplr-Reviews-E1628815.htm
The Simpplr Story
In 2014, HR technology leader Workday realized there wasn’t an intranet technology that aligned with its mission— “to put people at the center of enterprise software.” Rather than settle, Workday turned to the founders of Simpplr to develop a modern intranet. And our company was born.
Today, Simpplr partners with leading brands, including AAA, DocuSign, Eurostar, and Coursera. Our customers are achieving measurable productivity gains, increased employee engagement, and retention, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and Gurgaon, India, and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures.
Health & Benefits
Simpplr provides a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision, and dental benefits. We believe in work-life integration and offer a flexible work environment. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team who believes in our mission, and values transparency, autonomy, and inclusiveness, make Simpplr an incredible place to work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Simpplr is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.