Simpplr is today’s modern employee intranet. Our software helps companies connect their workforce by streamlining strategic communications and forging employee connections.
Great writing is essential to an exceptional experience. Writing sets the tone, engages, and guides users to their desired goal. If you have a passion for great customer experiences, a desire to contribute to technology the world will rely on, and an uncanny ability to make complex tasks crystal clear, we want to hear from you. Help us help our customers to move confidently with the speed they need in the digital age.
As a leader in the Simpplr documentation team, you will mentor less-experienced writers, lead infrastructure projects, and act as an advocate for good technical content throughout the company.
This is a great opportunity to join a team responsible for a product that is defining the way companies engage and connect with their employees.
Your Job Responsibilities
- You’ll partner with experts across our business to understand our customers, their needs, and how our technology helps them solve their problems and achieve their aims
- Clarify complexity. You’ll turn technobabble into language anyone can understand, bring order out of chaos with a solid understanding of information hierarchies and content strategy, and love digging into technologies
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment. You love getting things done and doing them well, whether you’re working alone or collaborating with a team. You take pride in your work and hold everything you do to high standards
- Work with raw content from subject matter experts and architects to produce documentation for our users as well as internal audience
- Institutionalize a content strategy for ongoing documentation management
- Use support tickets, search analytics, and other site analytics to guide content and discoverability improvement
- Collaborate closely with engineers and product managers to develop effective feature documentation
Your Skill Set
What you did in the past that makes you a great fit for our team:
- 3 to 7 years of technical writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or more, in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Technical Communications, English, or related disciplines
- Mastery of the tools of the technical writer and editor: consistent voice, straightforward and lively style, understanding (or intuition!) of the rules of grammar and usage
- An expert at organizing information in an easy-to-understand hierarchy who can transform the most complex ideas into simple ones
- Great technical writing skills – You cut quickly through the jargon and create great content so everyone in our international customer base understands us fast
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn technical concepts
What it is like to work at Simpplr?
We’re a very people focused startup and we strive for an open and transparent culture. We value those able to push themselves and empower their fellow teammates, whilst keeping a relaxed working environment. Simpplr provides a competitive compensation package along with medical and accidental insurance. We believe in work-life integration and offer a flexible work environment. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Simpplr an incredible place to work.
It’s really important for us to celebrate our successes, so we have lots of team meals and outings too. In short, we’ll make sure you love working at Simpplr.
See what people think about us: https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Reviews/Simpplr-Reviews-E1628815.htm
The Simpplr Story
In 2014, HR technology leader Workday realized there wasn’t an intranet technology that aligned with its mission—”to put people at the center of enterprise software.” Rather than settle, Workday turned to the founders of Simpplr to develop a modern intranet. And our company was born.
Today, Simpplr partners with leading brands, including AAA, DocuSign, Eurostar, and Columbia University, our customers are achieving measurable productivity gains, increased employee engagement, and retention, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and Gurgaon, India, and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures.