Almost every company faces this significant question when addressing their software needs: “Do I build or buy?” IT managers face this dilemma when considering or replacing an intranet or corporate communications software. And it doesn’t get any easier when multiple stakeholders are involved.
Last week, CMSWire hosted a Simpplr sponsored webinar: An IT Perspective: Proven Strategies to Drive Your Intranet Project to Success featuring Chris Lewis, the IT Application Manager at Crowdstrike. Chris shared pragmatic strategies and frameworks for evaluating software that ultimately drove Crowdstrike’s intranet project to success.
Webinar Recap: Project Strategies to Drive Your Intranet Project to Success
Prior to COVID, 65-75% of Crowdstrike’s workforce already consisted of dedicated remote, global employees. The organization was looking for an intuitive, easy-to-use platform to unite the global workforce, and that integrated with best-in-class solutions (Box and Okta) as a cybersecurity company.
As Crowdstrike evaluated intranet vendors and options – the organization ran into whether they should build vs buy.
5 questions to ask to determine build vs buy:
- What do you do as an organization? What makes money?
- Do you have a dedicated expert in the intranet field?
- Can you sustain long-term costs?
- Customization vs configuration costs
- Can you commit the resources to see this project through?
- Do you have the technical resources/staff for ongoing maintenance?
Watch the on-demand webinar and learn:
- Strategies for vendor assessment, deployment and launch, and stakeholder buy-in
- A proven build vs. buy framework when evaluating intranets
- Why custom-built solutions like SharePoint no longer meet the needs of a modern workforce
This is a webinar you don’t want to miss – view the on-demand webinar now!